Tuesday 11 November 2014

Hunger Challange



So, Today was the first day of my hunger challenge. This involves me purchasing and eating what would be in a typical food parcel for 1 person, for 3 days. During the hunger challenge i'm going to document what i'm eating as well as snippets of information
around food poverty.

Nearly 1 million people used food banks in the year 2013-14. Three years ago that figure
was 128,000. A dramatic increase of 610%. (Figures provided by trussell trust food banks)

The day before the challenge I chose to fast in order to make the experience more realistic, so i was pretty peckish. I had a bowl of cornflakes (with some sweet sugar) and UHT milk. YUM! 
Breakfast is said to be one of the most important meals of the day over and over again but it really is, Many different studies show that kids who eat breakfast function better. (The Case for Eating Breakfast, n.d.) 



Next it was time to eat my dinner or lunch, being a northerner its definitely dinner. I was at uni so all i had was a kettle I had a cup a soup it looks a lot worse that it tastes, apologies for the image though. My friend was eating chips, hence the carton in the background, they smelt great though.

Because i was at uni till five i decided i needed a snack so had took 3 biscuits in a little baggy, I had them whilst having a natter about team v with a few friends. 
Last but certainly not least was tea, I was definitely ready for it. I had half a small tin of new potatoes, a small tin of spaghetti and some corned beef, which was a nightmare to get open. (nurses poorly finger) ooo, and a cuppa tea. 


 After which i failed to take a picture but i had another cuppa tea, and a biccy. Which I dunked of course. But use your imagination and pretend the cup is still full. 

That was the day, now time to get some uni work done. If anyone is interested in getting involved with team v or want more info email me at Emma.crone@vinspired.com


Breakfast info from.
The Case for Eating Breakfast (n.d.) HealthyChildren.org. Available at: http://www.healthychildren.org/English/healthy-living/nutrition/Pages/The-Case-for-Eating-Breakfast.aspx (Accessed: 11 November 2014).

No comments:

Post a Comment